- Product Code: A10-148
- Brand: Jablite
- Model and Size: 2400x1200mm - 2.88m2
- Board Coverage: 2.88m2
- Delivery Time: 2 - 3 days
Guide Price: £40.15 (£48.18 inc VAT)
Guide price per m2: £13.94/m2 (£16.73/m2 inc VAT)
Price: £40.15 (£48.18 inc VAT)
Price per m2: £13.94/m2 (£16.73/m2 inc VAT)
- 5 or more £39.48 (£47.38 inc VAT)
- 10 or more £38.82 (£46.58 inc VAT)
- 20 or more £37.83 (£45.40 inc VAT)
100mm Claymaster is an EPS compressible-fill material which can be used to prevent potential problems in foundations due to moisture movement in soils which contain a large proportion of mineral particles below 0.002mm (clay heave). The material can be used as permanent shuttering for cast in-situ reinforced concrete, reducing pressure on ground beams in piled foundations, and on the sides of trench fills.
Shrinkable clays are soils containing a large proportion of mineral particles of less than 0.002mm in diameter. This produces an extremely cohesive soil type when wet, but shrinks to a crumbly, crazed structure when dry. The expansion and contraction process during wet and dry periods is known as clay heave. This can cause severe problems with foundations.
Claymaster is a special low-density expanded polystyrene coloured in pink for ease of identification and is available to order in additional widths.
- below concrete ground beams of a maximum depth of 600 mm
- in piled foundation construction
- at the vertical face of deep trench foundations
- Claymaster provides a rapid, cost-effective solution to clay-heave problems, and no specialized trades or equipment are required
- With a normal ground-beam depth up to 600mm, the initial compression of the material during casting can be disregarded
- Claymaster is rot-proof and durable and will withstand the conditions encountered below ground. It will not degrade in the presence of high levels of ground water or precipitation
- Boards are normally rectangular and of uniform thickness, but special shapes are available to order including circular sections to fit around pile caps, and tapered boards
- The NHBC Standards, Chapter 4.2, building near trees, states that low-density compressible polystyrene is a suitable proprietary material to alleviate ground pressures on foundations in shrinkable soils