Phenolic Insulation Boards
In order to comply with EC regulations, blowing gases should be CFC and HCFC free--zero ozone depletion potential--and have low global warming impact. The most common blowing agent used in this type of insulation production is pentane, which is a hydrocarbon with similar properties to those of butane and hexane. The rigid boards are faced with, gas tight, aluminium foil or glass tissue in order to help eliminate escaping of the blowing agent in the manufacturing process.
- External wall insulation with render
- Partial fill cavity wall insulation
- Pitched roofs
- Soffit insulation
- Solid and suspended floors
Rigid phenolic insulation products offer very good thermal insulating properties due to the very low thermal conductivity of phenolic foam. Its low thermal conductivity allows specified thermal performance targets to be achieved with minimal thickness of insulation. This is particularly significant where space saving is important.
The reflective foil can also act as a radiant barrier that adds to insulating values. The low emissivity facings improve the thermal performance when positioned next to an unventilated space. This makes the phenolic boards particularly effective when used to partially fill cavities in external walls.
- Has a high closed cell content (>95%) and fine cell structure,
- Lightweight, easy to transport, handle and install,
- High density boards have a good compressive strength and are suitable for floors,
- Resistant to fungus and mould growth and will not sustain vermin,
- Can withstand continuous temperatures of up to 120 degrees C,
- Highly resistant to moisture penetration. Moisture has a minimal effect on its thermal performance,
- Is dimensionally stable and can be cut accurately to achieve a snug fit in situations such as between rafters,
- Has better fire properties,
- Has very low thermal conductivity, so can be used where a self extinguishing, low smoke emission, material is required,
- Meets the requirements of building regulations,
- Non- biodegradable but waste material can be put back into the manufacturing process for reuse.
2* Kingspan Kooltherm K17 Plasterboard, Kingspan Kooltherm K18 Plasterboard
3* Kingspan Kooltherm K3 Floorboard, Kingspan Kooltherm K15 Rainscreen Board, Gyproc Thermaline Super Insulated Plasterboard, Kingspan Kooltherm K12 Framing Board, Kingspan Kooltherm K15 Rainscreen Board, Xtratherm Safe-R Thermal Liner SR/TB-MF Mex-Fix, Xtratherm Safe-R Thermal Liner SR/TB Dot & Dab
4* Kingspan Kooltherm K7 Pitched Roof Board, Kooltherm K10 FM Soffit Insulation Board, Xtratherm Safe-R insulation Board
5* Kingspan Kooltherm K5 External Wall Board, Kooltherm K8 Partial Fill Cavity Board