Plasterboard is an internal wall and ceiling lining board, used in residential and commercial lightweight framed construction. Plasterboard or drywall is a machine made sheet comprised of a gypsum core wrapped in a heavy-duty liner paper. Various additives are included in the gypsum core and, the weight and strength of the lining paper will give the finished board different properties. Plasterboard generally comes in 1200mm wide sheets, designed to suit the standard 600mm stud spacing used in housing today.
- Sound shield boards,
- Fire shield boards,
- Moisture shield boards,
- Impact resistant drywall,
- Wall boards,
- High performance panels
- Highly fire resistant - used extensively for fire protection proving up to 4 hours protection in some special multi-layer system applications,
- Good for cutting down noise transmission particularly airborne sounds,
- Moisture resistant - specially designed with silicone additives in the core or glass reinforced gypsum board,
- Ready to take high quality durable plaster finish,
- Wallpaper can directly applied to the paper surface of plasterboard. E
- xcellent for semi-exposed areas, such as soffits and the like,
Plasterboard sheets are fixed to timber or steel frames using adhesive and plasterboard screws or nails. The joints are concealed with a tape and jointing compound system, then sanded ready for painting or decorating.
Note: Do not use in continuously wet areas as water would rapidly reach the gypsum core through capillary action and damage the board. Also, the plasterboard's paper can be eaten by termites.