GypWall QUIET IWL
GypWall QUIET IWL is a non-load bearing twin frame separating wall mostly used to provide acoustic insulation when dividing flats and apartments, but also applicable to commercial and industrial settings if a specific level of soundproofing is required. The system can be installed without bracing and does not require pre-completion testing, it is in accordance with the BS 5234 requirements and acoustic values prescribed by the Building Regulations Approved Document E.
Certain consideration should be taken into account upon installation, including:
- heavy fixtures and service positions should be planned at the frame erection stage and all penetrations need to be fire stopped;
- in case the room layout includes structural steelwork, there might be a slight loss of acoustic performance through the steelwork;
- rock wool should be placed within the cavity in order of providing adequate flame and some closure;
- when accommodating services, every penetration should be carefully planned and positioned in order of avoiding such penetrations to affect the system’s fire resistance and acoustic performance; electrical services should be installed in accordance with BS 7671 while in order of avoiding abrasion of the cables running through the metal frame, they should be protected with the conduit or other adequate mean of protection;
- if dealing with an uneven floor, a 38mm timber sole plate should be installed, while when installing a new screeded or concrete floor, installing a damp-proof membrane should be taken into account;
- deflection heads may be required for the supporting floors and underside of the roof structures;
- lightweight fixtures can be installed directly to the partitions while medium ones may require additional fixing channels.