Kingspan started as a small engineering and contracting business in 1965. In time Kingspan started to lead the way in creating energy efficient buildings and now its solutions are used by millions of people. Kingspan's passion for innovation and sustainability are proven in its products and solutions. In 1989, Kingscourt Construction Group is renamed Kingspan Group. The switch from traditional built-up systems to composite panels, making the Kingspan brand synonymous with panel and insulation. In 1996 Kingspan Insulation acquires Kooltherm Insulation Ltd, and begins manufacturing phenolic insulation boards under the Kingspan Kooltherm name.
Kingspan Insulation products became HCFC-free with zero ozone depletion potential, a year ahead of EU deadlines. Kingspan also produces flexible reflective insulation foil products, and adds its portfolio the KoolDuct pre-insulated Ducting System. Today, Kingspan is Europe’s number one in high performance insulation - a world leader in sustainable, innovative building solutions. Kingspan enables the customers and builders to ‘build better, meaning reducing build-times, increasing energy efficiency and reducing running costs, or providing a complete solution which ensures the whole building fabric is optimised. Kingspan products and services are proven to work, certified to all necessary standards, and you can use them with absolute confidence.
- EWI Boards,
- Rainscreen Boards,
- Cavity Insulation Boards,
- Frame Insulation Boards,
- Insulated Plasterboards,
- Floor Insulation Boards,
- Roof Insulation Boards,
- Breather Membranes,
- Pipe Insulation.
- Kingspan Kooltherm K5 External Wall Board is a premium performance rigid thermoset phenolic insulation core faced on both sides with a glass tissue facing auto-adhesively bonded to the insulation core during manufacture. Its thermal conductivity as low as 0.020 W/m.K. This Phenolic EWI board is resistant to the passage of water vapour, Class 0 fire rated and suitable for use behind traditional and lightweight polymer modified renders and dry cladding systems. Its used for brick and blockwork walls and also in cavity walls.
- Kingspan Kooltherm K15 Rainscreen Board is a premium performance, fibre-free rigid thermoset phenolic insulation core faced on both sides with a low emissivity composite foil facing which is used as insulation for rainscreen façade systems. Its used for rainscreen cladding systems with non-proprietary external finish, or with terracotta clay tile external finish and as rainscreen cladding systems on steel frames.
- Kingspan Kooltherm K106 Cavity Board is a premium performance lower lambda insulation with a fibre-free rigid thermoset phenolic core, a low emissivity composite foil on its inner face and a water-tight, vapour-open polypropylene fleece on its outer face. It is used in cavity walls with a residual 10mm cavity. It is specifically designed to limit thermal bridging and uncontrolled air–leakage via junctions in cavity wall constructions. K106 Cavity Board is unlikely to become ignited within the cavity. If fire does penetrate into an unventilated cavity, the amount of air present will be insufficient to support combustion, and flame spread will be minimal.
- Kingspan Kooltherm K108 Cavity Board is a premium performance lower lambda insulation with a rigid thermoset fibre-free phenolic core. It is faced on both sides with a low emissivity composite foil facing and is used in partially filled cavity walls. A minimum 25 mm residual cavity width is recommended between the insulation and the outer leaf for wall heights up to 12 metres. A minimum 50 mm residual cavity width is recommended for wall heights greater than 12 metres and up to and including 25 metres. K108 Cavity Board is unlikely to become ignited within the cavity. If fire does penetrate into an unventilated cavity, the amount of air present will be insufficient to support combustion, and flame spread will be minimal.
- Kingspan Thermawall TW55 Framing Board is a stud wall PIR insulation board comprising a high performance rigid thermoset insulation core faced on both sides with a low emissivity composite foil facing. Suitable for use between studs or as an insulating sheathing with timber frame and steel frame wall constructions. The product is completely safe to use and will not endanger your health.
- Kingspan Kooltherm K12 Framing Board is a rigid insulation board used for timber and steel framing systems, consisting of a rigid thermoset modified resin insulation core, covered with low emissivity composite foil on both sides, improving thermal resistance in adjacent unventilated cavities. It could be used to control potential condensation problems, especially if combined with a vapor-resistant layer placed on the warm side of the insulation. The product is completely safe to use and will not endanger your health.
- Kingspan Kooltherm K118 Insulated Plasterboard is a premium performance, lower lambda internal wall insulation, with a fibre-free rigid thermoset phenolic core. It has a 12.5mm plasterboard bonded to its front surface and a composite foil based facing on its reverse surface. It is suitable for mechanically fixed or plaster dab or adhesive bonded dry-lining. It is a Class 0 fire rated insulation, a dry–lining and vapour control in one board. It is unaffected by air infiltration and resistant to the passage of water vapour.
- Some sizes of Kingspan Kooltherm K17 and Kooltherm K18 Insulated Plasterboard are still available at Insulation Shop.
- Kingspan Kooltherm K110 Soffit Insulation Board is a rigid insulation board used for structural ceilings, consisting of a rigid phenolic high performance and CFC/HCFC–free insulation core. The core is covered with tissue based facing on the upper side and a composite foil as the lower facing. The boards are not influenced by air movement or vapour passage, preventing cold bridges from forming. This board is resistant to petrol and most alkalis, dilute acids and mineral oils but can be sensitive to some methyl ethyl ketone based adhesives and solvents.
- Thermafloor TF70 PIR Insulation Board is a high performance, fibre free, rigid thermoset insulation core faced on both sides with a low emissivity composite foil facing which is used for insulating solid concrete and suspended ground floors. It has thermal conductivity 0.022 W/m.K. Use of this board can reduce the cost of related items – soil removal or service connections. It is unaffected by air infiltration and resistant to the passage of water vapour.
- Kingspan Kooltherm K103 Floorboard is a premium performance lower lambda insulation with a fibre-free rigid thermoset phenolic core faced on both sides with a glass tissue based facing, autohesively bonded to the insulation core during manufacture. It used for insulating beam and block, concrete, and timber floors. If correctly installed, Kingspan Kooltherm K103 Floorboard can have an indefinite life. Its durability depends on the supporting structure and the conditions of its use.
- Styrozone is a high performance rigid extruded polystyrene insulation with high compressive strength for heavy duty commercial, industrial and cold store flooring. Thermal conductivity as low as 0.029 W/m.K. Has high compressive strength and resistant to ground moisture penetration and unaffected by air infiltration. Kingspan Styrozone N 300 R and Kingspan Styrozone H 350 R can be used to insulate basements, inverted roofs, Kingspan Styrozone N 500 R additionally for heavy duty floors such as industrial floors and car parks.
- Kingspan Thermaroof TR24 is a rigid insulation board used for flat roof insulation, consisting of a rigid thermoset insulation core, covered with a glass tissue coated with bitumen. Its upper surface is finished with a thermofusible polypropylene fleece, while the lower surface is covered with mineralized glass tissue. It is especially designed to work with most fully bonded torch applied multi-layer bituminous waterproofing.
- Kingspan Thermapitch TP10 is the rafter level insulation comprising of a high performance rigid thermoset insulation core faced on both sides with a low emissivity composite foil facing. It is used to insulate warm roof spaces in ventilated or unventilated pitched roofs, under tiles or slates. The insulation of pipes and tanks becomes unnecessary.
- Kingspan Thermaroof TR26 is a high performance, fibre free, rigid thermoset PIR insulation core faced on both sides with a low emissivity composite foil facing which is used for insulating flat roofs and is fully compatible with most mechanically fixed single–ply waterproofing systems and most green roof systems. Thermal conductivity 0.022 W/m.K.
- Kingspan Thermaroof TR27 is a PIR insulation board made from highly effective rigid PIR core faced with coated glass tissue on both sides added during manufacturing. This board can be installed over metal decks, concrete decks, plywood decks or existing flat roofs. Fully compatible with single–ply non–bituminous membranes that are fully bonded with solvent based adhesive systems, most bitumen based and mastic asphalt waterproofing systems and most green roof systems.
- Kingspan Kooltherm K7 Pitched Roof Board is the joist or rafter level insulation comprising a premium performance rigid thermoset phenolic insulation core faced on both sides with a low emissivity composite foil facing. This reflective, low emissivity surface improves the thermal resistance of any unventilated cavity adjacent to the board. Thermal conductivities as low as 0.020 W/m.K
- Kingspan Thermaroof TR31 is the flat roof insulation comprising a high performance rigid PIR thermoset insulation core faced with an FSC certified 6 mm nominal thickness WBP exterior grade plywood on its upper surface and a low emissivity composite foil facing on its lower surface. This board is used to insulate timber deck flat roofs, over the joists.
- Kingspan Nilvent will give a completely watertight structure under normal weather conditions. It is highly water resistant, and has the added advantage of self–sealing around nail penetrations. Kingspan Nilvent breathable membrane negate the need for ventilation directly above the insulation layer. It does this because it has a low vapour resistance, which allows water vapour to escape through the breathable membrane to the outside of the building.
- Kingspan Aquazone is a high performance non-woven polyethylene membrane suitable for use on inverted roofs finished with gravel ballast, green roof systems and concrete pavers on appropriate supports. Kingspan Aquazone can can dramatically minimise the cooling effect associated with rainwater flowing down through the insulation and draining away. It can significantly reduce the insulation thicknesses required to achieve specified U–values.
- Kooltherm FM Pipe Insulation comprises sections of Kooltherm FM Insulation faced with a factory-applied foil vapour barrier jacket autohesively bonded to the insulation core during manufacture. Kooltherm FM Pipe Insulation is available in a range of thicknesses to suit different performance specifications and may be used on mild steel, stainless steel, carbon steel, copper and plastic pipework in standard and non-standard pipe diameters. It is the thinnest and most efficient products commonly available for the insulation of pipework.
tech. support: 01544 388 601