Ceresit CT 80 Universal Adhesive for Mineral Wool EWI Slabs, Polystyrene and Phenolic Boards
Ceresit CT 80 Adhesive for Mineral Wool EWI Slabs, Polystyrene and Phenolic Boards in Insulated Render Systems
Ceresit CT 80 is an adhesive mortar for fastening EWI mineral wool slabs, polystyrene and phenolic boards and also for making a thin layer of base coat render reinforced with fibreglass mesh on the insulation in Insulated Renders Systems. Ceresit CT 80 has very good adhesion to load-bearing, dense and dry substrates such as surfaces of walls, plasters, mosaics and concretes.
- Universal usage,
- Excellent adhesion,
- Resistant to adverse weather conditions,
- Can be machine applied.
- Ceresit CT 80 adhesive is used both for fixing EPS, phenolic boards and mineral wool slabs,
- Fixing a protective reinforced layer for thermal insulation ,
- EWI in newly erected buildings as well as for thermal-renovation of existing buildings.
- Before starting work, check the adhesion of existing plasters and coatings. Dull sounding plasters must be removed. Defects and unevenness of the substrate should be levelled. The surface should be free from fats, bitumen, dust and other substances that reduce adhesion. Places with moss and algae should be cleaned and then saturated with a fungicide solution.
- To 5 litres of clean, cold water pour the contents of the package and mix using a mechanical mixer to a homogeneous mass without lumps, wait 5 minutes and stir again.
- Apply 3-4 cm band mortar with a trowel along the edges of the slab and a few blobs ~ 8 cm within the slab. Push the slab on to the wall and press it firmly. Properly applied mortar should cover min. 40% of its area, after pressing.
- You can also apply the mortar to even, smooth substrates using a toothed trowel (teeth 10-12 mm).
- The boards should be fixed tightly to one another, in one plane, with a zigzag vertical jointing.
- After CT 80 mortar is bound - after about 3 days - the mineral wool slabs should be additionally fastened with mechanical fasteners.
Fixing a mesh reinforced layer
- Apply a primer on the mineral wool slabs.
- After the primer layer has dried - approx. 24 hours, apply Ceresit CT 80 prepared mortar with 10 or 12 mm notched trowel on the surface of mineral wool boards.
- Apply a fibreglass mesh to the fresh mortar, then smooth the surface evenly so that the grid is no longer visible.